Pruning a tree is about so much more than cutting off its limbs. Done incorrectly, the process is extremely unsafe – imagine all the potential ramifications of chainsaws, unsteady ladders, and heavy falling objects and you’ll catch our drift. More than that, pruning your tree or shrub in the wrong way or at the wrong time will leave you with a dead tree or an unsightly mess, neither of which you want. Working with R & J Tree Service lets you get an amazing-looking yard without risk to your limbs – either yours or your tree’s. We know what time of year to trim your trees for best results, and we know how much greenery we can remove before hurting the tree. We also employ numerous other techniques to ensure that your trees and shrubs stay fresh and neat all year long:
- Pruning: boost fruit production, correct damage, and manage the size of your tree
- Bombarding: removing all branches to decrease the size of mulberry, sycamore, and ash varieties (can also be done on trees that are not recommended, but are well established)
- Lacing/Thinning: taking approximately 20-30 percent of the canopy out to lessen breakage caused by excessive winds and to help maintain its natural form
- Deadwood Removal: eliminating dead limbs so wasted nutrients can strengthen green limbs, and to avoid injury or damage to anything below
- Crown Reduction: to reduce the height of the canopy of the tree
- Raising: cutting off low-hanging branches to clear a walkway, driveway, or structure
- Skinning (palm trees): removing all residual fronds from trimming to create a cleaner look
Not only are we experts in all of the techniques above, but we’re also experts in design – we know how to deploy these techniques strategically to enhance the look of your outdoor space, complement your home, patio, and deck, and improve their usability. When you work with us, your outdoor spaces won’t just look better – they’ll be more fun to live in.
Removing a tree (even a really small tree) is one of those things that you can’t just do yourself. At R & J Tree Service, our professional landscapers have the know-how to remove trees from your yard safely and fast. Once we depart, you’ll be left with a clean yard, zero debris, and a small stump that protrudes only a couple inches above the ground. We can even remove the protruding roots that may represent a trip hazard. Our full list of tree removal services includes:
- Conventional tree climbing
- Powerline clearing
- Drop catching
R & J Tree Services performs tree removal for residences, businesses, and governments. In every setting, you can be assured of our professionalism. In this arena, we specialize in safety. Our workers are fully bonded and insured, and we’ll do our utmost to protect you and your property from falling limbs and trunks. Lastly, all our services are community driven. We know that getting a dead or damaged tree out of your yard is an urgent matter, so we offer low prices and discounts for veterans and senior citizens so that everyone can enjoy a safe and good-looking outdoor space.
Unwanted stumps don’t just look bad – they can represent a danger to individuals on your property by posing a trip hazard. What’s more, getting rid of them can be difficult. Home- and property owners can either rent grinding equipment themselves, try to dig the stumps up by hand, or purchase chemicals to dissolve the stumps. Each of these presents a difficulty:
- Grinding equipment is expensive to rent and can be cumbersome to use
- Digging up stumps is difficult, takes forever, and leaves a huge hole in your yard
- Dissolving stumps can take months, and the chemicals aren’t safe for children or pets
Next time you find yourself with a stump in need of removal, call R & J Tree Services. Our stump grinding equipment can fit into any yard with a 32-inch gate. Once inside, we can grind up stumps of any size and in any location. Even stumps on hillsides – which can cause a problem for some equipment – present zero challenges for our experienced workers.
In the county of San Bernardino, it is still illegal (felony) to remove Joshua trees without a permit in most areas.